This article discusses the CMS ( Medicare and Medicaid Services) vaccine mandate for healthcare workers.
There are several vaccine mandates in the US at this time:
1) Biden's Executive Order for federal employees of the executive branch and federal contractors.
2) OSHA's (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) mandate for private businesses with more than 99 employees.
3) CMS ( Medicare and Medicaid Services) vaccine mandate for healthcare workers.
4) For military personnel. This mandate is separate from the mandates listed above.
CMS ( Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) vaccine mandate for healthcare workers
CMS ( Medicare and Medicaid Services) vaccine mandate for healthcare workers: "On November 5, 2021, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published regulations that establish the first ever federal vaccination requirements for health care provider staff. Drawing on its authority to establish patient health and safety standards, CMS is requiring health care providers that participate in the Medicare and/or Medicaid programs to ensure that their staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The new rule applies to staff who provide any care, treatment, or other services for providers or patients, including contractors and volunteers. CMS says it is now requiring health care staff to be vaccinated because its earlier efforts to simply encourage vaccination have been “insufficient” to protect patient health and safety."
The CMS vaccine mandate has run into several legal roadblocks. Remember, Factnest.com reports news from the 99%. You do the research.
Court's Decision Renders Biden's Vaccine Mandate for Health Care Workers Half-Enforced
December 15, 2021. MSNBC. U.S. appeals court ruled Wednesday to lift a nationwide ban against the Biden administration's vaccine mandate for Medicare and Medicaid providers, but two preliminary injunctions are still keeping the mandate from being implemented in 24 states...The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services rule, published November 5, would have required health care providers receiving funding from the programs to get their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by December 6 and their second by January 4. The original November 30 decision by U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty banned the mandate across the country...
January 13, 2022. Supreme Court blocks Biden's vaccine-or-testing mandate for 80 million workers, allows vaccine mandate for healthcare workers at federally funded facilities
Biden announced the two mandates last fall.
- The Supreme Court blocked a Biden administration vaccine-or-testing mandate for private businesses with over 100 employees.
- The court allowed a separate Biden administration vaccine mandate for healthcare workers at federally funded facilities to take effect.
The Supreme Court has ruled that President Biden overstepped his authority in using OSHA to mandate a vaccine rule on U.S. businesses with at least 100 employees. They left in place a vaccine mandate for most healthcare workers. This does not impact testing requirements that private employers impose & Biden called on businesses to institute their own vaccination requirements (which would not be subject to the ruling)...
The U.S. Supreme Court today allowed the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services vaccine mandate to go into effect nationwide while blocking the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s vaccine requirements from taking effect.
- The Court ruled 5-4 in allowing the CMS vaccine mandate to go into effect and
- 6-3 in blocking the OSHA mandates.